"Now Senpai could never love me..."
|Weapon||Several, Mainly seen with a Knife|
|Voice Actress||Michaela Laws|
Yandere-Chan (possible real name: Ayano Aishi) is the main character of Yandere Simulator. A game staring Yandere-chan as she attempts to confess her feelings for Senpai before a rival does and will resort to anything to rid of them.
Yandere-chan has a normal teenage body with fair skin (appears tan in game) and listless grey eyes. She has medium-length hair of dark grey, worn in a high ponytail with a part in her bangs. Her appearance can be changed by the Player however.
In the game she can be put in various under garments, school uniforms, and various costumes and accessories.
Lifeless and bored, Yandere-chan appears to be a normal girl on the outside. At school and before her parents she can flawlessly feign a friendly personality to cover her emotionless state of mind. In reality she shows herself to be coldly indifferent, with a manipulative side and a highly determined nature to find ways of getting what it is she wants. She has a violent temper but naturally keeps a realistic mentality unless it has to do with her senpai.
She is implied to have depression through some sources, and tends to phase in and out of it. She has little to no shame when it comes to doing things, like taking peep shots of another girls underwear.
At first Yandere-chan wasn't interested in murder or commiting crime until pushed enough to consider it. Her mental state is questionable, although it is up to the Player to determine whether she embraces her darker personality or one of kindness- in which she tries to set her rivals up with other boys.
Not much is known regarding her past, other than the fact she was a very quiet baby. While this alarmed her father, her mother saw nothing wrong.
Prior to the game starting, Yandere-chan notes that she used to feel nothing until she met Senpai. She would kill insects, thinking it would bring her joy until realizing it never worked. Upon seeing Senpai she was quickly smitten by him though, and realizing his childhood friend had a crush on him, she seen met Info-chan, who convinced her to consider murder.
Depending on the Player, she can attack several characters. Her main targets are the Love Rivals, but she can also go after various students who get in the way, or even teachers and school staff; but only if her stats are high enough.
Yandere-chan relies on everything in her surroundings to wipe out the competition. However, they all serve various usefulness and can either send other characters in a panic or go unnoticed by them. These include:
- Knife - She is normally depicted with this.
- Scissors - non-suspicious
- Katana - suspicious
- Box Cutter - non-suspicious
- Screwdriver - not for weapon purposes, but used for tampering with wires and circuit boxes.
- Various Medicines - Obtained in the nurses office. Usually for knocking out targets or poisoning them.
Yandere-chan gets creative with her kills. Not only by implementing the several items listed above, but in a variety of means:
- Stabbing - the most basic and easiest method.
- Poisoning - A mess-free way to kill rivals. Yandere-chan will obtain poison and put it in food.
- Kidnapping - first needed are the syringe and tranquilizer. Yandere-chan will bring the student back to her home and tie them up. She can then decide to keep them as a pet, frame them for murder, hide their body in something at school, or torture them into a murder-suicide by killing their friend, then themself at school.
- Fake Suicide - Yandere-chan will grab the persons shoes and toss them from the building. She leaves their shoes near the edge before taking off.
- Electrocution - By dumping water or blood on the victim while in the bathroom, Yandere-chan tampers with the light switch by removing the plate and shutting off the light. As the victim searches for it they find the panel and shock themselves to death.
- Drowning - Usually done in the water fountain or toilet.
- Suicide - Yandere-chan will start spreading rumors and information about the target of her choice, causing everyone to slowly turn against them. As students begin to write hateful and mean messages to them, the victim will kill themself.
Parents - Not much is known about her parents, but it is revealed in a special mode of the game that her Mother was a Yandere. She adores her mother, who returned her feelings. Her father is suspicious of her but loves her anyway, and he shows concern if she shows interest in a girl senpai.
Senpai - She adores him/her and is highly dependant on them. She can be shy in their presence and often stalks them. She would do anything to be with them, but has no problem mentally traumatizing him/her. Despite that she couldn't bring herself to intentionally harm them.
Info-Chan - The girl who pushes Yandere-chan into murder. At first, Yandere-chan wouldn't consider it until Info-Chan revealed Osana had made plans to confess to her childhood friend, Senpai. She cares for nobody and they are not friends. It is hinted that she may be a Yandere as well.
Rivals - Her main targets. At the end of each week, each girl plans to make a confession to him/her unless Yandere-chan is able to stop them by setting them up with someone else or killing them. She believes herself to be better than them and has no empathy for any of them or their lives.
Classmates - Their opinions depend on what she is doing. If she behaves oddly or perverted, they are repelled by her and want nothing to do with her. If they witness her commit murder or get closer to insanity they show concern and fright. If she goes out of her way to try to charm them or be kind, they seem to grow interested and kind towards her instead. She has no problem ridding of them though.
- In artwork, Yandere-chan resembles Asuka from Senran Kagura. While her in-game model has a facial structure and hair similar to Homura, from the same series.
- One of the unlockable hair styles Yandere-chan can obtain is of another Yandere, Yuno Gasai.